Premium Angus makes for premium meals
Certain seasons are well-suited to particular cuts, cooking methods and flavors. These featured recipes have at least one thing in common, though, aside from premium AngusPride® beef – they're all exceptionally delicious. Pick one, and create a meal they'll surely envy.
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
Vegetable oil, as needed
3 tablespoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups red wine
1 cup pearl onions
1 cup baby carrots, whole
2 cups portobello mushrooms, sliced
˝ cup diced celery
3 quarts beef stock
3 sprigs thyme
2 bay leaves
2. Season beef with salt and pepper.
3. Sear beef in a hot pan with vegetable oil until all surfaces are browned.
4. Add tomato paste and cook until fragrant.
5. In separate bowl, stir flour into red wine to remove lumps. Add to hot pan and stir. Add remaining ingredients and rest beef on top of vegetables. Bring liquid to a simmer.
6. Cover pan with aluminum foil and braise beef in a 325° F oven for 2 to 2˝ hours or until fork tender.
7. When tender, remove from oven and skim any fat from surface.
8. To serve, adjust final seasoning in sauce to taste.